An overview of the available content on this site. Keep the pointer still over an item for a few seconds to get its description.
- How do I open the pill packet?
- How is ASCEND funded?
- What are the possible risks or side-effects of taking part?
- What happens to my data?
- Why has ASCEND been going on for so long?
- What if I want to withdraw from the study?
- What medicines should I avoid whilst taking part in ASCEND?
- Why is ASCEND not doing regular blood tests?
- When will my participation in the study finish?
- ASCEND trial results announced: bleeds and benefit with aspirin balanced in patients with diabetes and no effect on cancer
- ASCEND trial results announced: fish oils do not prevent heart attack or strokes in people with diabetes
- ASCEND-EYE sub-study has been launched
- ASCEND awarded funding from Alzheimer’s Research UK to assess brain power
- New guidelines for the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes from NICE
- Aspirin no longer recommended to reduce stroke risk in people with atrial fibrillation (AF)
- NEJM animation illustrates ASCEND Aspirin trial results